Thursday, October 30, 2008

YouTube Clip of the Week

NEW York Nets superstar Devin Harris probably thought he was pretty safe when challenged to a game of one-on-one by a pasty Pom wearing jeans.

What happened next has made 28-year-old Stuart Tanner, a part time basketball coach, a YouTube legend, with over three million hits and counting.



Tanner bumped into Nets guard Harris at a coaching session in London. Their game, highlighted by Tanner “nutmegging” Harris, is now legend.

'He is a point guard, my position, so I offered to take him on in a one-on-one. Devin looked at me in my jeans and jumper and thought I was no threat,’ said Harris, who quit playing seriously five years ago when he was cut from the Milton Keynes Lions.

'It was a bit embarrassing for him as you shouldn't ever really get beaten with a nutmeg, but he took it really well.’