Thursday, July 15, 2010

Roadtrip, Day One and Two

Auckland to Mangawhai…then chillin’

Drove the Britz campervan from Auckland to Mangawhai, can I say that even though the ‘truck’, as we call it, is over 7 meters long, and 3.3 meters tall but drives like a small van. It’s easy to handle and has power to boot.

The kids are ever so excited that dad has a new job as ‘the bus driver’ as well.

Home made hamburgers for dinner, then crashed for the first full night sleep for all in sundry for about 10 days.

Woke up on day two with a small case of either elephantitis, massive swelling on the right hand side of my face. Off to the ‘holiday’ doctor and was told that my lymph glands were swollen. So now I have ‘holiday antibiotics’ to take for the next 10 days.

Mangawhai looks magical, so we’re off to the beach.

Afternoon is all about relaxation, lay-z-boy called my name with my current ‘read’, Keith Newman’s, Bible and Treaty.


No comments:

Post a Comment